Sanatan Mandir Cultural Society of Fort McMurray is pleased to invite all community members to participate in Rath Yatra in Fort McMurray.
Hare Krishna Mandir Edmonton priest will join with us assisting spiritual event.
Rath Yatra, also called Chariot Festival, is a Hindu festival that involves transporting deities Lord Jagannatha (Krishna), Balarama & Subhadra on a Rath (Chariot). The procession will be held around our Mandir . All the way through there will be melodious singing, chanting and dancing to rhythmical drums and cymbals.
- Date: 23 July 2022 Saturday
- Mangla Aarti: 8:00 AM at 108 Abraham Gate, Fort McMurray T9H0J1
- Procession Time: 10:00 AM 11:00 AM at @ Mandir Compound
- Prasad & Bhajans: 11.30 AM to 1:30 PM @ Mandir Compound
- Procession Route: Around Mandir and Abraham Drive
- park car as per directed by volunteers on that day
- Please don’t leave garbage on the road or sidewalk.
- All parents are requested to keep kids within procession boundary,
- All devotees are requested to remain in the group. Please do not keep any gap in procession.
- All members are requested to wear Indian Traditional outfits. Our humble request to avoid wearing Shorts.
$501 - Bhagawan
$101 - Aarti & Shrifal Sponsorship
$251 - Program Sponsorship
$151 - Food sponsorship
Members who would like to take this opportunity may contact any committee member.
Thanks & Regards,
SMCS Executive Committee